Antwort: Re: Antwort: [jcifs] NTLM HTTP Filter Does Not Work With SMB Signing [ Virenprüfung durchgeführt] [Virenprüfung durchgeführt]

matthias.weber at barmenia.de matthias.weber at barmenia.de
Mon May 29 09:20:07 GMT 2006

You're right. The first try was with username and password, the second one
without.

And of course I used the unmodified filter for this tests.

Matthias

An:     matthias.weber at barmenia.de
Kopie:  jcifs at samba.org
Thema:  Re: Antwort: [jcifs] NTLM HTTP Filter Does Not Work With SMB
Signing [ Virenprüfung durchgeführt] [Virenprüfung durchgeführt]

On Wed, 24 May 2006 10:39:51 +0200
matthias.weber at barmenia.de wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> did what you wanted (with 1.2.8, but there should be no difference to
> 1.2.9?):
>
> - Login of two users with session signing enabled (
> jcifs.smb.client.username and jcifs.smb.client.password not commented):
>
>  works for both.
>
> - Login of two users with session signing disabled (
> jcifs.smb.client.username and jcifs.smb.client.password not commented,
> JCifs reports "Default credentials (jcifs.smb.client.username/password)
> not specified. SMB signing may not work propertly.  Skipping DC
> interrogation."):
>
> First user can, the second user can't login.

Ok. I believe you meant to say the username and password *were* commented
out but this sounds like it is actually working for your setup.

Although, you did say you are using a modified filter so I would still
like confirmation from someone else. One data point (well, two if you
include me) isn't statistical significance.