[jcifs] RE: Major minor version error in JCIFS1.2.8

gruizf at credomatic.com gruizf at credomatic.com
Thu Mar 30 20:35:05 GMT 2006

Thanks David and Kevin.

It worked. I recompiled jcifs using 1.4.

             "David Sprowls"
             <ctasprowls at fastm
             ail.fm>                                                    To
                                       "Tapperson Kevin"
             30/03/2006 02:01          <Kevin.Tapperson at hcahealthcare.com>
             p.m.                      , jcifs at lists.samba.org
                                                                        cc
                                       gruizf at credomatic.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [jcifs] RE: Major minor version
                                       error in JCIFS1.2.8

Okay, apparently I am wrong.  I just tried the following

C:\j2sdk1.4.2_09\bin\javac -classpath ../jcifs-1.2.8.jar Logon.java

Which yields this error.

Logon.java:10: cannot access jcifs.UniAddress
bad class file: ..\jcifs-1.2.8.jar(jcifs/UniAddress.class)
class file has wrong version 49.0, should be 48.0
Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the
classpath.
        UniAddress dc = UniAddress.getByName( argv[0] );
        ^
1 error

It works fine if I compile with jre1.5.x.

Here is some more information,
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=517933&tstart=0

Apparently you can not use 1.4 compiler with class files compiled using
1.5.

I don't know if it would help if jcifs was compiled with a compliance
setting of 1.4 instead of 1.5 or not.

Hopefully someone who is more knowledgeable than myself will weigh in.

David

--
  David Sprowls
  ctasprowls at fastmail.fm