[jcifs] RE: Major minor version error in JCIFS1.2.8

Tapperson Kevin Kevin.Tapperson at hcahealthcare.com
Thu Mar 30 15:15:57 GMT 2006

It looks like the jcifs-1.2.8.jar was built with a newer version of java
(1.5) than jcifs-1.2.7.jar (1.4).  Try re-building jcifs from the source
with your java compiler.

C:\jcifs-1.2.8>javap -classpath . -verbose jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter
Compiled from "NtlmHttpFilter.java"
public class jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter extends java.lang.Object
implements javax.servlet.Filter
  SourceFile: "NtlmHttpFilter.java"
  minor version: 0
  major version: 49

C:\jcifs-1.2.8\META-INF>type MANIFEST.MF
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.6.3
Created-By: 1.5.0_06-b05 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)

C:\jcifs-1.2.7>javap -classpath . -verbose jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter
Compiled from "NtlmHttpFilter.java"
public class jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter extends java.lang.Object
implements javax.servlet.Filter
  SourceFile: "NtlmHttpFilter.java"
  minor version: 0
  major version: 46

C:\jcifs-1.2.7\META-INF>type MANIFEST.MF
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.6.3
Created-By: 1.4.2_08-b03 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)