[jcifs] FW: Inconsistent Authentication Results: Access Denied & Windows Enter password popping up

Augustus Macaulay Augustus.macaulay at detica.com
Wed Mar 29 15:39:50 GMT 2006

> I am using NtlmHttpFilter on jcifs 1.2.7,
> the application is running in a Tomcat Web server on a Windows 2000
> Advanced Server,
> and the Domain Controller is on Windows 2003 Server.
>
> With Tomcat running on the STAGING Windows 2000 advanced server,
> everything runs fine and we can authenticate against the Domain
> Controller.
>
> With Tomcat running on the LIVE windows 2000 advanced server, with the
> same jcifs configuration and using the same Domain Controller, we get
> inconsistent results.
> Sometimes a user gets authenticated successfully, and at other times
> we get;
>
> NtlmHttpFilter: [DOMAIN]\\[USERNAME]: 0xC0000022:
> jcifs.smb.SmbAuthException: Access is denied.
>
> At the same time the Window's "Enter Network Password" box pops up.
>
> Any suggestions from anyone out there will be much appreciated.
>
> Gus

This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and destroy it immediately.
Statements of intent shall only become binding when confirmed in hard copy by an authorised signatory.  The contents of this email may relate to dealings with other companies within the Detica Group plc group of companies.

Detica Limited is registered in England under No: 1337451.

Registered offices: Surrey Research Park, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7YP, England.