[jcifs] Does jcifs samba support I18N/Chinese file name?

Mattini, Max Max_Mattini at bmc.com
Sat Mar 18 19:15:13 GMT 2006

Hi,

I am trying to access a Chinese encoded file using the JCIFS API.

- Both file name and contents are encoded with the GB2312 encoding
schema.

- My Samba server is configured with an English/US locale.

So far I am not successful to access the file.

1)       Does JCIFS samba support I18N/Chinese file name?

2)       Should the Samba server be configured with a Chinese locale?

3)       Should my URLEncoder.encode/decode specify the Chinese charset
or UTF-8 as recommended in Javadoc

Thanks for any help

Max