[jcifs] jcifs.netbios.hostname and authentication

Paul Duncan Paul.Duncan at yolus.com
Wed Mar 15 12:11:53 GMT 2006

Hello,

I have a Windows Domain with a policy restricting which users can log on
to which workstations.  I am using jCIFS 1.2.7 to authenticate with
hosts on this domain.  I see that the jcifs.netbios.hostname property
has to be set to the correct hostname before SmbSession.logon(String
hostname, NtlmPasswordAuthentication authenticator) is called.  Are
there any plans to modify jCIFS so that SmbSession.logon() works
correctly on such a Windows Domain without having to set the
aforementioned property?  Is the requirement to set this property
regarded as a bug in jCIFS?  Thanks.

Paul Duncan

This message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged.
If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail
and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorised use or dissemination
of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Please note that
e-mails are susceptible to change. Yolus Limited shall not be responsible for
the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this
communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system.

Yolus Limited does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has
been maintained nor that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions
or interference.