[jcifs] Shared Folder

izlem Gozukeles izlem.gozukeles at emo.org.tr
Tue Mar 14 15:09:41 GMT 2006

Hello,
I am newbie to jcifs.
I have a Debian Samba Server. its configuration is very simple:
[global]
        workgroup = DEBIAN-MUSIC
        security = user
        netbios name = DEBIAN-RADIO
[resiYayin]
        comment = For testing only, please
        path = /home/resi/Yayin
        read only = yes
        guest ok = yes

I want to reach the files at resiYayin directory.
Everyhing is ok, from Linux konsole...

My problem is I can not reach the content of this directory by jcifs.
For example the below code is ok, work properly and shows the shared
folder, IPC$ and admin$:
        Config.setProperty("jcifs.smb.client.username", "user");
        Config.setProperty("jcifs.smb.client.password", "password");

        SmbFile file = new SmbFile("smb://172.16.0.88/");

        String[] files = file.list();

        for( int i = 0; i < files.length; i++ ) {
            System.out.print( " " + files[i] );
        }

However, when I want to reach resiYayin directory, as
        SmbFile file = new SmbFile("smb://172.16.0.88/resiYayin/");

I had an exception error saying that
jcifs.smb.SmbException: The network name cannot be found.

What is the problem?

ps:
I have not any problem while reaching Windows Servers. The problem is only
for Debian.

thanks

--
ibrahim izlem Gozukeles