[jcifs] Null pointer exception in ServerMessageBlock.java

Edward Costello edward.costello at orionhealth.com
Thu Jun 22 20:17:59 GMT 2006

I'm curious then. Without specifying the username and password in the
URL, is it possible to use JCIFS to authenticate just a particular
connection. For Example, we have a single service we connect to using
NTLM authentication. We'd like to ensure firstly that the credentials
are never sent to any other service that happens to require NTLM
authentication. We'd also like to be able to use a different set of
credentials for other services that use NTLM authentication.

As far as I could tell from the documentation the only way to set the
username and password without putting in in the URL is to use a
properties file, system properties or a static configuration object. All
of these would result in the credentials being sent to any service that
requests NTLM authentication and would prevent us ever using a second
set of credentials for a different service.

Cheers
Ed