[jcifs] NTLM Authentication problem

Mike Streeton mike.streeton at ardentia.co.uk
Thu Jun 22 06:51:43 GMT 2006

We had problems with some people being able to connect but not other,
even though they have exactly the same config (XP pro), we got round
them by setting the following:

Configure the JCIFS parameter jcifs.smb.lmCompatibility try setting it
to 3, 4 or 5

Configure the JCIFS parameter jcifs.netbios.hostname to be the local
machine

Set the API documentation on how to do this:
http://jcifs.samba.org/src/docs/api/

If this does not work post the config/error logs etc and Michael is very
helpful and can usually put you right.

Thanks

Mike

www.ardentia.com the home of NetSearch