[jcifs] Re: Null pointer exception in ServerMessageBlock.java

Levi Purvis jcifs at purvis.ws
Thu Jun 22 03:03:27 GMT 2006

URLEncoder will do what you want (I've used it successfully with JCIFS
for encoding username and password in URLs).  The HTML 4 spec points
to RFC1738 (Uniform Resource Locators - URLs) for the encoding used in
the application/x-www-form-urlencoded MIME format.  RFC2396 (Uniform
Resource Identifiers - URIs) "revises and replaces" RFC1738.  The
encoding used in both is essentially the same.

You might be able to just use the URI class and it may do the encoding
for you, not sure.