[jcifs] NTLM Authentication problem

Publius Ismanescu publiusi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 20:25:06 GMT 2006

Hi everybody,

I have a situation where the NTLM authentication fails. I will explain my
configuration and the tests we did.

We have a weblogic server on AIX server and we use jcifs for NTLM
authentication. The users that access the website, they all have windows
desktops, with IE installed.
All user can access the website properly . The problem start when we want to
let user from outsite the company connect.

The external user connect to a metaframe (Citrix) and they use the IE
browser on the metaframe server to connect to the internal website.
The user are propted with a login dialog to enter their user ID and
password. After entering the information they get a server or DNS error.

After we turned the loglevel to see more info from jcifs, it looks like the
3-rd handshake does not take place.

Installing Firefox on the metaframe server and testing the access,everything
is working.
Using IE to connect to a second metaframe server it woks also. IE versions
on the 2 metaframes is the same.

Can anybody help with some IE settings or give me some tips on what else to
look for to solve this.

Thank you

--
Publius Ismanescu