[jcifs] Re: Anyway to force basic authentication?

S Wagle wagle at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 21 14:03:18 GMT 2006

JCIFS will let you do SSO.  But it seems you don't want to do SSO.

If you want to prompt the user for id/password, I would think you
shouldn't use JCIFS at all.  Use J2EE basic/forms based authentication
and validate user credentials against Active Directory.  All app servers
can be configured to authenticate against LDAP directory.