[jcifs] CLOSE_WAIT-Connections left

Martin martin at heddergott.org
Mon Jun 19 20:02:27 GMT 2006

Hello,

this is a stacktrace when the socket is left in close_wait-state.
Perhaps this can help to find a solution (call socket.close() when the
exception is thrown ?).

jcifs.smb.SmbException: EOF during NetBIOS session request
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.ssn139(SmbTransport.java:190)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.negotiate(SmbTransport.java:236)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.doConnect(SmbTransport.java:301)
        at jcifs.util.transport.Transport.run(Transport.java:223)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

        at jcifs.util.transport.Transport.run(Transport.java:239)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

        at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.connect(SmbTransport.java:288)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeConnect(SmbTree.java:132)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.connect(SmbFile.java:791)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.connect0(SmbFile.java:761)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.send(SmbFile.java:660)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.doNetEnum(SmbFile.java:1636)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.listFiles(SmbFile.java:1585)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.listFiles(SmbFile.java:1551)
        at CrawlerThread.run(CrawlerThread.java:34)

If it works as designed i would take the source and insert a close() for
me - are there any side effects to expect ?

Regards,
Martin