[jcifs] Using NtlmHttpFilter

chuanjiang lo lochuanjiang at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 13:06:59 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I would like to know how i can make use of the authentication filters.

I manage to get the user to log in and display get the user name.

But i want to display an error page after 3 attempts of log in, so where
should i actually configure this? Or if i want to force the user to enter
his authentication details even in IE, how can i achieve that?

Can this be done in the filter mapping or i need to change the source code
of NtlmHttpFilter to suit my requirements?

Another question would be http://localhost works fine in IE but in IE the
page just doesnt load anything
http://<ipaddress> in firefox did prompt for the authentication.

<filter>
        <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
        <filter-class>jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter</filter-class>

        <init-param>
            <param-name>jcifs.netbios.wins</param-name>
            <param-value>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.domain</param-name>
            <param-value>xxxx</param-value>
        </init-param>
    </filter>

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>
</filter>

Appreciate any help