[jcifs] Error Message "Unverifiable signature" on jcifs1.1.11

Pablo Redondo pabloredo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 14:11:07 GMT 2006

I'm using jcifs-1.1.11 for NTLM Authentication, and using Tomcat running on
a Linux box. The parameters for the filter are been initialized in a
web.xmlfile as follows:

<filter>
 <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
 <filter-class>jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter</filter-class>
 <init-param>
  <param-name>jcifs.http.domainController</param-name>
  <param-value>Some domain here</param-value>
 </init-param>
 <init-param>
  <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.responseTimeout</param-name>
  <param-value>100000</param-value>
 </init-param>
</filter>
<filter-mapping>
 <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
 <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

I'm using the filter to pass the user id to my application on the Linux box.
The seamless sign on is working ok, however I'm getting the follwoing error
when users login for the first time, once they refresh (F5) the error is not
happening again, even by clearing files, cookies or history.

*jcifs.smb.SmbException: Unverifiable signature: *(some domain here)

*at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:674)*

*at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.sessionSetup(SmbSession.java:296)*

*at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:253)*

*at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeConnect(SmbTree.java:134)*

*at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.logon(SmbSession.java:184)*

at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.logon(SmbSession.java:177)

Do you know what are the known causes of this issue? How can I fix this
problem?

Thanks in advance for any help, I really appreciate it.

Regards
Pablo