[jcifs] timeout exceptions

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Tue Jun 6 22:03:22 GMT 2006

Well if there's some way to get a capture it would be good to definitively
determine whether or not the response is actually making it back to the
client. But I suspect it isn't. It's just getting lost or the connection
is getting dropped while a backup is running or there's some wonky
network issue.

Your best option is probably something like:

  for (retry = 0; retry < 3; retry++) {
      try {
          doSomethingWithJCIFS()
          break;
      } catch (TransportException te) {
          log.println( (new Date()) + ": retry=" + retryCount + "," + te.getMessage());
      }
  }

Mike