[jcifs] Re: NTLM HTTP Filter Does Not Work With SMB Signing

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Mon Jun 5 21:41:34 GMT 2006

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 15:01:45 -0400
"Dane Henry" <danehenry at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is the log for the exception that gets thrown when I run
> examples/ListFiles.java verbatum from the jcifs site.
>
> jcifs.smb.SmbAuthException: Logon failure: account currently disabled.
>     at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.checkStatus(SmbTransport.java:499)

This is just because the GUEST account is being used. You need to use
proper credentials. Try:

 java ListFiles smb://domain;username:password@server/share/path/

Or better, use a properties file so you can also fiddle with signing
properties. See the documentation on setting properties.

PHP Extension for SSO w/ Windows Group Authorization