[jcifs] timeout exceptions

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Mon Jun 5 18:44:24 GMT 2006

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 12:30:25 -0500
"Embry, Clay" <cembry at vignette.com> wrote:

> Hi. I keep getting the following two errors intermittently. I have
> jcifs.smb.client.responseTimeout set to 60000 and
> jcifs.smb.client.soTimeout set to 65000. Does anyone have any advice on
> how to deal with these errors?

Is this reproduceable *every* time?

Have you *ever* seen it work?

What's the server (e.g. W2K3 Server, Acme 5000, ...)?

First, try setting the timeouts to something huge like 1 hour just to
verify that changing the time makes any difference at all. If it does
make a difference then your server's just overloaded and it's probably
not a big deal to leave the timeouts with big values. If it doesn't
make a difference then either the server's in a bad way or the client's
in a bad way. But let's find out if using huge timeouts actually makes
a difference.

PHP Extension for SSO w/ Windows Group Authorization