[jcifs] problem to run jcifs with multiple users, need help.

grinfeld lior lior_grinfeld at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 5 14:40:32 GMT 2006

i found out that my cifs server ( you are right, we do that   :-)   ) configure to not allow 2 user to connect on the same session.
  is there any possibility to open new session for each thread that run ? ( similar to cifs_bm way of doing things )

  thanks
  Lior

Michael B Allen <mba2000 at ioplex.com> wrote:
  On Sun, 4 Jun 2006 01:59:15 -0700 (PDT)
grinfeld lior
wrote:

> Hi
>
> i am new here , i need some help.
> i need to run tests on cifs similar to cifs_bm.
>
> i wrote this simple code , but for some reason i get exception.
> is there a problem to run jcifs with multiple users?
> how can i debug it? were to look for clues?

Let me guess. You're writing a CIFS server? Doesn't look like it
works :-> JCIFS does this sort of thing very well.

Although never say never. Take a packet capture [1] and check to see if
the SmbComSessionSetupResponse is being sent from the server. If there
is a response then it's a bug in jcifs. If it's not then it's either a
bug in your server or you set some properties that are screwing things up
(but I'm sure that's not it because you certainly would have told us if
you set any properties right?).

Mike

> i get:
> jcifs.smb.SmbException:
> jcifs.util.transport.TransportException: Transport1 timedout waiting for response to SmbComSessionSetupAndX[command=SMB_COM_SESSION_SETUP_ANDX,received=false,errorCode=0,flags=0x0018,flags2=0xC003,signSeq=0,tid=0,pid=43088,uid=0,mid=6,wordCount=13,byteCount=111,andxCommand=0x75,andxOffset=172,snd_buf_size=16644,maxMpxCount=10,VC_NUMBER=1,sessionKey=0,passwordLength=24,unicodePasswordLength=24,capabilities=4180,accountName=user29,primaryDomain=NATIVE,NATIVE_OS=Windows XP,NATIVE_LANMAN=jCIFS]
> at jcifs.util.transport.Transport.sendrecv(Transport.java:74)
> at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:595)
> at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.sessionSetup(SmbSession.java:264)
> at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:223)

PHP Extension for SSO w/ Windows Group Authorization