[jcifs] Re: NTLM HTTP Filter Does Not Work With SMB Signing

Richard Caper rcaper at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 19:21:27 GMT 2006

(please reply-all to the list to aid in troubleshooting)

If they are being reset it is probably pushed out via a policy
(likewise with lmcompatibility).  Try setting the values, closing
regedit, and going back in to view them.

Not sure why it seems to be working on your box; I can attest that it
does not work with these settings in our environment.  here is more
details:

http://lists.samba.org/archive/jcifs/2004-August/003947.html

if you make the jcifs patch you would still need to tweak the
lmcompatibility registry (as with lmcompatibility < 3 it uses NTLMv1,
and the flag changes the responses in a way incompatible with jcifs...
"NTLM2 session response" apparently).  But with lmcompatibility 3+ it
uses full NTLMv2 with jcifs has LMv2 compatibility with.

Try seeing if you can zero out or delete
NtlmMinClientSec/NtlmMinServerSec on someone else's box and if you are
able to access it.