[jcifs] Re: NTLM HTTP Filter Does Not Work With SMB Signing

Dane Henry danehenry at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 17:30:21 GMT 2006

I think you were right about the older version of JCIFS, I removed and
deleted all that jar files, restarted and re-downloaded jcifs1.2.9.jar and
now it is allowing me to authenticate with IE. You, not surprisingly, were
also right about the log not printing 'The operation completed
successfully'. However when I tried it on another client, it was doing the
same thing it was doing for me previously, however since it is working on my
machine, I know it has to be a client configuration with IE. It isn't
related, yet, to the problem that you were describing of the access denied,
I'll test further to see if that pops up. I think what is different is in my
registry, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Security\NTLM
I have a String Value 'DLLFile' set to Winsspi.dll and a DWORD Value 'Flags'
set to 0x08. This is different from the default, or at least the default
systems here, do you all think this might be what's allowing the
authentication?