[jcifs] SPNEGO Kerberos in jCIFS

Ghouse, Sherjeel Sherjeel.Ghouse at molex.com
Fri Jul 21 16:49:58 GMT 2006

Mike,

Moving forward, will jCIFS provide SPNEGO Kerberos Authentication by
leveraging Windows Integrated Authentication in IE ? We did implem
Kerberos using JAAS Login modules(Out of box NTLoginModule,
Krb5LoginModule) in desktop applications. The challenge is to get TGT in
browser environments and authenticate to a KDC/Realm. The sweetest thing
about jCIFS is its ability to perform NTLM Single Sign-on and it works
great in our environment. My only concern is the changes in Domain
Controllers in fututre (like SMB signing enabled in Windows 2003) could
cause lots of problems.  Is NTLM negotiate - Kerberos an option ?

Please advise.

Regards,
Sherjeel

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message (including any attachments) may contain Molex confidential information, protected by law. If this message is confidential, forwarding it to individuals, other than those with a need to know, without the permission of the sender, is prohibited.

This message is also intended for a specific individual. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message or taking of any action based upon it, is strictly prohibited.

Chinese  Japanese

www.molex.com/confidentiality.html