[jcifs] NTLM usrname/password failure after each 5 mins

Alexandr Podoplelov alepod at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 16:31:02 GMT 2006

Dear JCIFS experts!

Maybe somebody met already the problem which I face now. Please, share any
ideas you may have!

I configured JCIFS with Tomcat 5.5 and it works perfectly except one thing.
After each 5 minutes while stress test (10 logins/sec) I get an error about
bad username/password (AD authorization failure) . It is strange since names
and passwords are transferred by Internet Explorer while handshaking with
JCIFS. I cannot imagine that after every approx. 5 minutes IE sends wrong
passwords.
The filter configuration is this one:

<filter>
    <filter-name>ntlm</filter-name>
    <filter-class>jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter</filter-class>

    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.http.domainController</param-name>
        <param-value>bee.vimpelcom.ru</param-value>
    </init-param>

    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.domain</param-name>
        <param-value>Domain</param-value>
    </init-param>

    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.username</param-name>
        <param-value>UserOne</param-value>
    </init-param>

    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.password</param-name>
        <param-value>ThePassword</param-value>
    </init-param>

    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.smb.lmCompatibility</param-name>
        <param-value>3</param-value>
    </init-param>

    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.util.loglevel</param-name>
        <param-value>3</param-value>
    </init-param>
</filter>

<filter-mapping>
   <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
   <filter-name>ntlm</filter-name>
</filter-mapping>

Please, share any adeas how to fix this problem? Or which way to investigate
it. Thank you.
//Alexander