[jcifs] Re: Help regarding jarapac API

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Mon Jan 2 18:04:31 GMT 2006

First, the mailing list you should be communicating with is the JCIFS
list. See https://lists.samba.org/listinfo/jcifs.

Otherwise, I haven't looked at Jarapac in over a year so I can't comment
on the error.

But the first thing I would do to try to figure out what is going on
is to try a clean vanilla install of Jarapac with no modifications and
run the examples/TestAtsvc.java example that launches notepad. If that
doesn't work, based on your error message, I would then check to make
sure the at service is actually running. If you're using XP home or
something like that it might not be (in which case you might then try
a modified examples/TestSvcctl.java to start it first.

Mike