[jcifs] jCIFS deadlock issue - when can we expect a fix?

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Mon Feb 20 17:05:34 GMT 2006

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:55:26 +0100
Ronny Schuetz <usenet-01 at groombridge34.de> wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> we're currently constantly hitting the jCIFS deadlock between
> SmbSession.sessionSetup() and Transport.disconnect(). I already tried to
> fix it but obviously I don't have the complete overview over the
> internal locking strategy. Any chance to get this fixed soon?

I don't have the time to make the change and then go through a
stabilization period. You're on your own. Sorry.

Look at the archives about this. There were two solutions discussed. One
moved a statement out of a synchronized() block. It wasn't correct
synchronization but I think the author of the patch claimed that it
worked. I believe I speculated at the time that the correct solution was
to add some kind of refcounting to certain objects. I don't remember the
details. If you locate the thread in the archives send me a pointer and
I'll see if I can narrow it down further.