[jcifs] Works fine on windows client but not unix client?

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Wed Feb 15 00:34:29 GMT 2006

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 12:52:36 +1300
Roger Parkinson <roger at senanque.co.nz> wrote:

Stangely my mailer will not include anything but your vcard in my reply.

Anyway, the servlet container must be offering WWW-Authenticate:
Negotiate. The JCIFS Filter is also offering WWW-Authenticate: NTLM
but the client (firefox?) is choosing Negotiate (whereas the Windows
client is choosing NTLM). You would need a full capture [1] to see
what's really going on but clearly there's some form of interference
from another authentiaction filter.

I'm assuming of course that you're using the stock filter without
any modifications or non-standard properties or you surely would have
mentioned otherwise.

Mike

[1] http://jcifs.samba.org/capture.html