[jcifs] [ERR] JCIFS 1.2.11: The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to.

Kevin Tapperson kevin at tapperson.net
Fri Dec 22 19:57:20 GMT 2006

Given that you have an error stating that jcifs "Failed to negotiate with a
suitable domain controller for ...", you may want to go back and review your
configuration settings for your domain, domainController and/or WINS.  You
may also want to check and find out exactly what servers/addresses are in
your WINS for the domain.  It could be that your problems are intermittent
because of a difference in how the WINS lookup for your domain is being
handled (i.e. returning a different dc each WINS lookup).  If there is a bad
entry in WINS for your domain, it may be causing the failures.  I have also
seen issues with a rogue domain controller that was out-of-sync with the
rest of the domain causing such failures.

--
Kevin Tapperson
kevin at tapperson.net