[jcifs] About disconnection.

tetsu.soh at nts.ricoh.co.jp tetsu.soh at nts.ricoh.co.jp
Wed Aug 30 03:08:59 GMT 2006

> That might be a signing code error in jCIFS, or possibly a config
> thing... signing in SMB is per-connection, not per-user, so multiple
> users would not matter (the key is based on the credentials of the
> first user authenticated on the connection; subsequent users  do
> signing with the same key).
>
> >  First, I opened a connection using user AAA, do some stuff, and "logou
> t".
> >  And then, I "login" as user BBB to do some thing. But this time, the S
> MB
> >  signing will failed.
> >
> >  I think the reason is that although I did "logout" action, I cannot cl
> ose
> >  connection to release all resources.
> >  So, when I did login again with different user, the jcifs re-used the
> >  connection and also the session key.
> >
> >  So, to release all resources, the choice we have are 1) we shutdown
> >  application everytime we did "logout" 2) we wait for a while.
> >  Any advice about that?
> >
> >  Thanks.

 Yes, exactly.

 So how can I fix this "bug"? It seems that session key is decided by
 negotiation.
 Can we de-couple Negotiation from connection?
 Then we have: connection (1) ---- (1,*) negotiation (1) -----(1)user

 Or multiple users share same session key is not unsafe. In this case, job
 will be simple.

 Thanks