[jcifs] Possible deadlock?

Jake Goulding goulding at vivisimo.com
Sat Aug 19 15:54:58 GMT 2006

Thanks for the good information!

However, I happen to be running this particular implementation
through the JVM invocation interface. The crawler itself is written
in C, and I call through to the Java code. I'm fairly certain that
the CTRL-\ will not work through that layer. Could this possibly
cause my problems?

Using jSwat, I can see that of the 50 threads, only this one is
currently running.

Note that I seem to be able to crawl all sorts of setups fine, it's
just when I start crawling a handful of servers (18 I think), I'll
get this lock.

The crawler also reports that the last status update from that thread
was 29895 seconds ago (8+ hours, far beyond any jCIFS default timeouts).

I will definitely check the list for good properties to use.

Thanks!