AW: [jcifs] smbFile.delete() throws "jcifs.smb.SmbException: Thesystem cannot find the path specified"

Hammerl, Maximilian - Extern maximilian.hammerl.extern at unique.ch
Tue Aug 15 12:39:58 GMT 2006

Mike,

here comes the stack trace data:

jcifs.smb.SmbException: The system cannot find the path specified.
	at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.checkStatus(SmbTransport.java:510)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:610)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:231)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.send(SmbTree.java:102)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.send(SmbFile.java:687)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.delete(SmbFile.java:2129)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.delete(SmbFile.java:2073)
	at sedi.smb.List.deleteFile(List.java:65)
	at sedi.smb.List.main(List.java:219)

Network Packet Capture is not available, because I don't have administrative
rights to install any software on the server as well as the client.

If the client and the shared network drive reside on the same machine, the
delete-function works fine. If client and share are on different machines,
delete fails. Is this a problem with security settings and/or user rights?

Kind regards,
Max.