[jcifs] NamedPipes problem

Michele Callegari michele.callegari at make-it.it
Thu Aug 10 11:07:20 GMT 2006

Hi all,
I'm michele and I started using jcifs to comunicate with a windows
application using windows named pipes:

SmbNamedPipe pipe = new SmbNamedPipe( "smb://COMPNAME/IPC$/foo",
SmbNamedPipe.PIPE_TYPE_RDWR);
OutputStream out = pipe.getNamedPipeOutputStream();
out.write(b,0,b.length);

In the latest version (jcifs_1.2.9) this code fails:
jcifs.smb.SmbException: The system cannot find the file specified.
	at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.checkStatus(SmbTransport.java:510)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:587)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:231)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.send(SmbTree.java:102)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.send(SmbFile.java:687)
	at
jcifs.smb.TransactNamedPipeOutputStream.write(TransactNamedPipeOutputStream.
java:54)
	at Jcifs2DIPC.main(Jcifs2DIPC.java:38)

The same code works with version 1.1.11

It looks like a problem in the getNamedPipeOutputStream().
In the latest version this method returns a TransactNamedPipeOutputStream
but I'm not working with Transacted Pipes.. I'm working with File I/O Named
Pipes.
Is this a bug?
Am I missing something?
Thanks in advance