[jcifs] Davenport Issue Report: Square non printable characters

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Sat Aug 5 23:56:54 GMT 2006

It's not uncommon for apache to simply use whatever encoding it is
configured to send regardless of what the DOCTYPE in the output says. I
guess it's too time consuming for it to parse every file it sends.

But thinking about it more I doubt that's what the problem is because
Davenport most likely sets the content-type header explicitly itself. And
even if the encoding was wrong it would have to be REALLY wrong for all
the characters to be "little non printable character square boxes". That
could be anything. It could be a servlet container issue. It could be
a davenport issue. It could be a font issue on the client.

Mike

PHP Active Directory SSO