[jcifs] BASE in HTTP Response of IIS/Exchange

Amin Abbaspour abbaspour_amin at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 20 10:25:20 GMT 2006

Hi,

I'm creating Exchange mailbox for my users remotely (via a web-service
endpoint that does the local stuff). After creating mailboxes I need to
connect via JCIFS for the first time to have the mailbox 'really' created
and functional. The code for this activity is similar to
'NtlmHttpClient.java'.

My point is that, for the first user everything is OK. but for the second
user, the BASE of URL is the same as the first user and hence it does not
work. See:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; CHARSET=utf-8">
<TITLE>Microsoft Outlook Web Access</TITLE>
<BASE href="http://192.168.254.7/exchange/[first-user-name]/">
</HEAD>

Consider that I'm running the logic inside a servlet context and the
process of connecting to the URL of various users happen in the same VM.

What causes this problem?

a) IIS's Keep-Alive? It might be, but the same happens when I wait this
every HTTP connection is closed.
b) Exchange? Is it possible?
c) JCIFS? Most probable (*)
d) Java's URL handling? Again I don't think this one

Would you please review the case and suggest a solution. I tried various
ways such as ssnLimit=1, conn.disconnect(), etc. But none of them helped.

Sincerely,
Amin