[jcifs] JCIFS - NTLM SSP - option Require NTLMv2 session security

MSedliak at softip.sk MSedliak at softip.sk
Wed Sep 28 16:12:31 GMT 2005

Hello All.

I need to use JCIFS with JBoss for NTLM authentication on  Microsoft
Windows 2003 Server OS. Everything works great until "Require NTLMv2
session security" is turned on in Local security policy for NTLM SSP based
clients parametrer. I have tried to set jcifs.smb.lmCompatibility parameter
to value 3 but it did't help. Still no negotiation starts.
Please, if there is any chance how to use JCIFS with  "Require NTLMv2
session security" option, please let me know, or just point me to the
solution.

Thank you very much
Mark