[jcifs] Patch works: Filter Bug: Transport Port 0 Incorrectly Interpreted

Oliver Schoett os at sdm.de
Tue Sep 27 08:16:12 GMT 2005

Michael B Allen wrote:

>In any case, I think the fix is to add two lines to SmbTransport.java:232:
>
>  232         if (port == 0)
>  233           port = DEFAULT_PORT; // 445

I have tried the patch, and can now use the modified 1.2.4 for HTTP
auth.  The only peculiarity I have noticed in the TCP dump is that first
a session request for KVMADS<20> (the WINS domain name) is sent to the
domain server, which fails ("Called name not present").  After that a
session request to *SMBSERVER<20> is made, which succeeds.

By the way, it seems that the same symptoms have been observed by others
already, see the postings on this list:

    2005-08-10   Cannot assign requested address
    2005-09-05   NoRouteToHostException

Thanks for the fix,

Oliver Schoett