[jcifs] NIO: java.nio.ByteBuffer Question

Manoj mkumar at mantragroup.com
Sat Sep 24 07:42:25 GMT 2005

Dear Michael B Allen,

I have seen your message in jcifs regarding java nio ByteBuffer. I have a problem with ByteBuffers somewhat similar to yours, so I thought interacting with you will provide me some useful information to solve my problem. I am reading ByteBuffer from Socket Channel and later when I decode it, if that data has only normal characters I get the full data. But if that contains any special characters then I am not getting the full data after decoding it. Special characters here I mean like Ĉăġ. I have used all the Decoders available. I also checked and conformed that I am getting the full data from socketchannel but decoding is not proper. If my ByteBuffer has a message like "Hi Ĉăā user", I am getting only "Ĉăā user" and if I get a message like "Hi Ĉăā user Ĉă boss" I am getting "Ĉăā user Ĉă boss". I am not getting data before first special character. Please help me by giving me your valuable suggestions.

Thanks

Manoj