[jcifs] SmbAuthException: Logon failure: user not allowed to log on to this computer. [Virus checked]

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu Sep 22 15:46:37 GMT 2005

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 13:37:25 +0200
T.Rademacher at inka-kag.de wrote:

> Hey Richard,
>
> I think, this is the trick, because the server logfiles say, that if I
> connect with smbclient, the name is used and if the java-prog tries to
> connect, just the IP is mentioned.
>
> I tried the property "jcifs.netbios.hostname", but doesn't seem to work. It
> still sends just the IP.
>
> Any ideas?

Get a packet capture [1] of smbclient working and one of jcifs failing. If
you don't have a capture program with a UI send them to me and I can
tell you what the problem is. But jcifs.netbios.hostname should do the
trick if port 139 is being used. If RAW transport is being used then
the server must be getting the name from somewhere else that we haven't
thought of (e.g. extended security fields).

Mike

[1] http://jcifs.samba.org/capture.html