[jcifs] SmbAuthException: Logon failure: user not allowed to log on to this computer.

Richard Caper rcaper at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 09:33:25 GMT 2005

This would typically be seen if you have a domain policy specifying
the computers from which you are allowed to log in.  By default, jCIFS
presents a random hostname, which would not match whatever is set in
the policy.  Try setting the "jcifs.netbios.hostname" property to the
correct hostname; that should fix it.