[jcifs] jcifs 1.2.3 and NtmlHttpFilter on tomcat (winXP pro)

Yoav Gelbfish Yoavg at softlib.co.il
Sun Sep 18 07:07:27 GMT 2005

Hi and sorry for replying so late, but I don't understand what do you mean
when you say the credentials are meaningless to the machine.

On the web client (MS-IE6)I get a password dialog where I enter a user name
and password that belongs to this specific machine (you are correct that
this is not a domain situation - since this is just a test environment).

If it was IIS then the operation would be successful and the user can go on
to the required page. However, in the situation described below the
exception is raised in sessionSetup() function of SmbSession since the
username I supplied isn't Guest and that isLoggedInAsGuest is logged on.

(The share connected to is the $IPC share since I didn't define a logon
share)

I've turned off simple sharing on that machine (and Guest account is
disabled) to prevent this situation.

What do I do wrong or how do I manage to set this flag off? (besides doing
it in domain environment)

Yoav.