[jcifs] jcifs 1.2.3 and NtmlHttpFilter on tomcat (winXP pro)

Yoav Gelbfish Yoavg at softlib.co.il
Thu Sep 15 14:50:59 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to configure Tomcat 5.5.9 to work with the NtmlHttpFilter.

After the initial setup (along the guidelines posted on the website) it
didn't work. After debugging the code, I've found that the reason for the
failures is the "ForceGuest" issue on Windows XP. According to Microsoft
explanations, I've turned the registry value to 0 and rebooted the machine.
However, the flag "isLoggedInAsGuest" in SmbComSessionSetupAndXResponse
class is still changed to 1 everytime the response is retrieved.

Since the login is not from the "Guest" account, the system throws
SmbAuthException exception.

Is there anything I forgot to configure?

My Web.XML file is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<web-app version="2.4" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"

 <display-name>WebTest</display-name>

 <filter>

  <display-name>NtlmHttpFilter</display-name>

  <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>

  <filter-class>jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter</filter-class>

  <init-param>

   <param-name>jcifs.http.domainController</param-name>

   <param-value>SOFTLIBTESTING2</param-value>

  </init-param>

  <init-param>

   <param-name>jcifs.util.loglevel</param-name>

   <param-value>3</param-value>

  </init-param>

 </filter>

 <filter-mapping>

  <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>

  <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>

 </filter-mapping>

 <servlet>

  <servlet-name>NtlmHttpAuthExample</servlet-name>

  <servlet-class>NtlmHttpAuthExample</servlet-class>

 </servlet>

 <servlet-mapping>

  <servlet-name>NtlmHttpAuthExample</servlet-name>

  <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>

 </servlet-mapping>

</web-app>

Thanks,