[jcifs] SmbException by copying a File

Kai Kuhn kku at shd.de
Wed Sep 14 13:13:29 GMT 2005

Michael B Allen schrieb:

>On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 21:19:06 +0200
>"kku at shd.de" <kku at shd.de> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I try to copy a File (Zip-File) from an SMB share on a Windows 2003
>>Server (SP1) to an other 2003 Server.
>>Sometimes it works great, but often the transmission crashes with an
>>Exception:
>>
>>jcifs.smb.SmbException:
>>jcifs.util.transport.TransportException: Transport1 timedout waiting for
>>respons
>>e to
>>SmbComReadAndX[command=SMB_COM_READ_ANDX,received=false,errorCode=The opera
>>tion completed
>>successfully.,flags=0x0018,flags2=0xC003,signSeq=0,tid=12289,pid=
>>52551,uid=20482,mid=2537,wordCount=12,byteCount=0,andxCommand=0xFF,andxOffset=0,
>>
>>fid=16392,offset=4030464,maxCount=2048,minCount=2048,openTimeout=-1,remaining=0,
>>
>>offset=4030464]
>>       at jcifs.util.transport.Transport.sendrecv(Transport.java:74)
>>       at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:554)
>>       at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:228)
>>       at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.send(SmbTree.java:102)
>>       at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.send(SmbFile.java:688)
>>       at jcifs.smb.SmbFileInputStream.read(SmbFileInputStream.java:152)
>>
>>The connection between the 2 Servers is available at all the time and
>>doesn't break.
>>Copying the File whit the Windows-Explorer or other tools works whitout
>>problems.
>>
>>What can I do?
>>

>Try setting jcifs.smb.client.responseTimeout = 300000. This will cause
>the client to wait for up to 5 minutes for a response. The default value
>is 10 seconds. If you still get the error then there's something else
>going wrong and we'll need to start talking about packet captures. If it
>"fixes" the problem then you might want to look at your network.
>
>Mike

Hi Mike, hi all

I downgraded to Version 1.1.11. Whit this version I don't have the
problem any more.
So the difference must be between 1.1.* an 1.2.3.

It's not easy to build a test-case to reproduce:
I tranfer an 10 MB zip file over an 64K ISND-connection from one
SMB-Share to an other, using the SmbFile.copyto method.
The transfer most time crashes between 5 and 7 MB, but the connection is
still available.

With the 1.* version it works and the full 10 MB can be transfered.
why

cu

Kai

--
Mit freundlichem Gruß

Kai Kuhn
mailto:kku at shd.de
c/o SHD Datentechnik GmbH & Co. KG       Tel.: 02632/295-0
Rennweg 60       Fax:  02632/295-269
56626 Andernach       http://www.shd.de/