[jcifs] Re: jcifs and nt authentication

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Fri Sep 2 18:01:21 GMT 2005

Please send all requests to the jcifs mailing list. Generally I do not answer posts directed to me personally.

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 12:50:53 -0400 (EDT)
"Alex Jeannopoulos" <alexj at backpocket.com> wrote:

> I understand, but if I change the jar file, the same exact code runs under
> 1.1.11. What has changed then? I uinderstand basic connectivity issues,
> and the server is reachable. Something has changed with regard to
> authentication. I am fine using 1.1.11 I just thought you might want to
> know about something that is broken or has changed in your latest release

If you read the README.txt one important item that has changed is that
jCIFS will now try to communicate with port 445 and then fallback to
port 139.

Mike