[jcifs] NT Authentication and Samba file access

Mike Streeton mike.streeton at ardentia.co.uk
Mon Oct 24 16:52:17 GMT 2005

I want to use a users NT Authentication credentials to access a file
later on the same session. I am capturing the NtlmPasswordAuthentication
object generated by NtlmHttpFilter.negotiate(). I am using this to
create a SmbFile(URL, NtlmPasswordAuthentication), but this gives me
"jcifs.smb.SmbAuthException: Logon failure: account currently
disabled.". My account is not disabled and I can access the app okay
using NT Authentication but not download a file. Sometimes I get
"jcifs.smb.SmbAuthException: Invalid access to memory location.". We
want to ensure that a user has privileges to download a file before
sending it back. Any ideas?

Thanks