[jcifs] DAVENPORT and http error 500 UnicodeLittleUnmarked

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu Oct 20 17:55:26 GMT 2005

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 12:24:21 -0400
Richard Caper <rcaper at gmail.com> wrote:

> Technically, neither does Sun:
>
> Charset.isSupported("UnicodeLittleUnmarked"); => false
>
> They provide it via the legacy sun.io.CharToByteConverter class.  The
> supported counterpart is UTF-16LE (that should be available in all
> VMs).  Technically, there is (possibly) a slight difference;

I tried and failed to use "UTF-16LE" originally. Of course this was
probably 5 years ago. I wonder if Sun's 1.3 does the right thing for us
with this codeset identifier. If so, I would be delighted to change it
as UTF-16LE is correct identifier [1].

Mike

[1] just curious but does anyone know if these identifers are
standardized? Some cursory googling turned up nothing.