[jcifs] LARGE_READX / LARGE_WRITEX support

Caldarale, Charles R Chuck.Caldarale at unisys.com
Wed Oct 19 19:43:13 GMT 2005

> From:
> jcifs-bounces+chuck.caldarale=unisys.com at lists.samba.org
> [mailto:jcifs-bounces+chuck.caldarale=unisys.com at lists.samba.org]
> On Behalf Of Michael B Allen
> Subject: Re: [jcifs] LARGE_READX / LARGE_WRITEX support
>
> I seem to recall rejecting a patch for this a while back but
> I don't recall why.

I don't know if it's related, but we've had problems with the LARGE_*X
commands on some versions of Windows, and currently have the capability
bits disabled in our mainframe CIFS server and client unless we're
talking to a known well-behaved system (e.g., one of our own).  I
remember things like the Windows client only half-implementing the
LARGE_*X protocol, and trying to put a byte count of 65536 into a 16-bit
field.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.