[jcifs] RE: UPDATED help - ntlmhttpfilter almost working!!

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Wed Oct 19 17:52:15 GMT 2005

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 08:13:41 -0700
"Smyth, Jim" <Jim.Smyth at broadvision.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get jcifs working in an application server which sits
> behind an IIS server (there is a proxy plugin on IIS).  My only
> requirement is to get the logged in windows user's username in the app
> server (not IIS) so that I can automatically log the user in without
> them typing credentials.  I want to use jcifs to do this because of the
> features it offers above just the NTLM exchange.

I'd say there's a very good chance IIS is interfering with the NTLM
exchange. Why don't you just use IIS's builtin Negotiate support. It also
supports NTLMv2 and Kerberos. There has to be a way to get the username
of the user that made the exchange. Use IIS and then check your request
headers. If IIS were nice they might insert the username there.