[jcifs] Re: Authentication via SmbSession.logon

Ovide at ilstechnology.com Ovide at ilstechnology.com
Thu Oct 6 22:53:49 GMT 2005

Michael,

I found the following article at Microsoft support in regards to Windows
XP..  I implemented the change and on initial testing it worked great.. I
am not sure as to the security repercussions but will follow-up with what
I find:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;180548

Change the HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa "forceguest" entry
from 1HEX to 0HEX

If ForceGuest is disabled (set to 0), SSPI (Security Support Provider
Interface) will log on as the specified user.

ovide

Michael B Allen <mba2000 at ioplex.com>
10/06/2005 05:49 PM