[jcifs] Problem configuring Apache 2.0/ Tomcat

Yannick Lavanant yannick at smellyfrog.com
Thu Oct 6 09:10:40 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'v read through a few posted mails already and done some researches on google
too, but I can't make jcifs to work with apache and tomcat.

I managed to setup the whole thing using a Windows platform, so I know I have
the basics right.

My problem is that I can't make it work on Linux.

If I connect directly to Catalina's port the authentication works fine, but if I
try to go through apache, it doesn't work.
mod_jk is configured so that apache "talks" to tomcat all right. So if I remove
the filter entries from web.xml my site shows otherwise I get the following
error page:

-->
Unauthorized
This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document
requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or
your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

Additionally, a 401 Authorization Required error was encountered while trying to
use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.0.54 (Fedora) Server at vmgtci2736 Port 80
<--

This is happening for IE and Firefox alike.

Again, I have this working for Windows, so I suppose I just need help to setup
mod_jk or Apache so that the authentication can proceed.

Thanks
Yannick