[jcifs] "A duplicate name exists on network" when a host has multiple names

Andrew Miller pulazzo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 00:09:48 GMT 2005

I have seen the error described in several deployments since upgrading
from 0.7.19 (very old I know) to 1.2.6.  In each case I have either
used a different hostname or used an IP address, but we're about to
begin a wider release and am not looking forward to the support calls
this may trigger.

I am working to reproduce the error in my test environment, but it is
proving a bit difficult given my setup.  If you know what is causing
this and can suggest a fix, I would be grateful.

--Andy