[jcifs] questions about hipergate

Jason Bainbridge jbainbridge at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 18:58:00 GMT 2005

Regards,
--
An Aussie geek stuck in Texas
http://jasonbainbridge.com

-----Original Message-----
From: "Matteo Masolini" <matteo.masolini at hotmail.it>
Date: Monday, Nov 28, 2005 12:37 pm
Subject: [jcifs] questions about hipergate

Good Morning,

I am a student of the Managerial Engineering at the University Of Bologna and I am working on my final thesis about the open source software.
The work I am doing is to research on internet groupware program and make an analysis of their basic characteristics.
The problem is that most of the elements that I thought to find are not easy to find with this kind of research and for this reason I am not able to go forward with my work.
For this reason I am looking for an help with some information about the software I am  analysing.
If you are interested in the work I am doing I can give you the result of my analysis of the other softwares with all the considered characteristic. That the informations I need to keep working:

•	How many people developer on the project? There is a specific organizational structure?
•	The considered software is a component of  applicativo developed by a private well known company or it is used by other project open source?
•	How many company are using the software?
•	There is a free or a pay assistance?
•	There are any publication about the software?
•	Is it possible to modify and personalize any characteristics of the product or not?
•	Is possible to move the own data from or to another software solution?
•	Every application is considered as  a single part or can be installed and removed separately? Has the groupware a certain amount of not modifiable characteristic?
•	There is the possibility to define a privileges set for every application at the group or personal level? Or it is possible define privileges without any differences between each application.
•	Can the privileges be assigned without modifying  the editor text file?
•	What the characteristic of the computer needed in order to run the software?

Thank you for the information you will be able to give me.
If you have any question please email me and I will be glad to answer.

Cordially,
Matteo Masolini
University Of Bologna